Grades 1-6 is a complete program to help our youth learn and explore their faith. We use the most comprehensive and effective catechetical programs available.
Every year at each grade level we cover:
- Doctrinal lessons on the pillars of our faith
- Scripture which encourages them to read the Bible
- Traditions and rituals
- Sacrament theology
- Liturgical life of the church
First Eucharist is a 2 year program -
Grade 1 is the first year of Prep
Grade 2 First Eucharist is celebrated - includes first penance
Child must be at least 7 years of age
The preparation for this sacrament should help each child to develop:
- Some knowledge of God as Creator, Jesus as God’s son, the Holy Spirit as giver of gifts.
- Some knowledge of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus
- Ability to understand consecration
- To understand their part in the parish life community
- To understand the Jesus’ Body and Blood after consecration is under the appearance of bread and wine.
- Adults receive First Eucharist during the Easter Vigil services after completing the R.C.I.A. process.