Faith Formation K-8
Kn-8 is a complete program to help our youth learn and explore their faith. We use the most comprehensive and effective catechetical programs available.
Every year at each grade level we cover:
- Doctrinal lessons on the pillars of our faith
- Scripture which encourages them to read the Bible
- Traditions and rituals
- Sacrament theology
- Liturgical life of the church
First Eucharist is celebrated in the second grade. Child must be at least7 years of age and has made their first penance.
The preparation for this sacrament should help each child to develop:
- Some knowledge of God as Creator, Jesus as God’s son, the Holy Spirit as giver of gifts.
- Some knowledge of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus
- Ability to understand consecration
- To understand their part in the parish life community
- To understand the Jesus’ Body and Blood after consecration is under the appearance of bread and wine.
- Adults receive First Eucharist during the Easter Vigil services after completing the R.C.I.A. process.