For 10th Grade Candidates:
1. Baptismal Certificate: will be required unless your child was Baptized at St. Francis St. Mary’s or St. Matthew's Parishes If your child made their First Eucharist at St. Mary’s but were Baptized at another church we still need a Baptismal Certificate
2. Confirmation Sponsor Certificate: we will need a certificate from the Sponsor’s Church if they are not a member of St. Francis St. Mary’s or St. Matthew's Parishes
3. Confirmation Name: Each candidate will need to choose a name for Confirmation, we will provide a Confirmation Packet that will have websites to help the choose a name.
4. Class Attendance: Will be combined with Mass, the combine total will be determined. Mass is being stressed this year. There will be an 11:00 AM Mass on Sunday's Classes will be let out for the teens to be able to make the class. (Mass attended outside of the 11:00 AM or different Parish - parents are asked to email the Faith Formation Director
5. Interviews: Each Confirmation candidate needs to complete an interview. The interview will be a group interview, which will be setup in groups of 5 to 8 and they will with a Deacon and/or the Faith Formation Director.
6. Retreat: The First Sunday in March
7. Service Projects: Candidates must complete 3 to 5 Service Projects. We are looking into several group projects.
9th and 10th grade Candidates will have to meet Diocesan requirements to be able to make their Confirmation. I will keep you posted as much as I can by sending home information with your teen. To be sure that you get information, we asked that you give us a valid email address and I will email you every time something comes up.
We hope this email finds you, and your families, healthy, safe, and enjoying summer. Thank you for your patience as we get ready for the 2020-2021 Faith Formation program. Normally we would have the Registration Forms out by now, as we all know, we are not in normal times. With schools getting ready to start the new year shortly, we have decided to delay the start of Faith Formation until the week starting October 18th (tentatively) . After being away from the classroom since March, we felt there needed to be a readjustment period and it would allow the children/teens time to get familiar with the new norm. This will also allow us to see what takes place the first couple of weeks in our public schools.
We are carefully evaluating are options at St. Mary’s Parish Center with respect to on-site classes, this is our hope but we are keeping options open for remote learning or home school lessons.
The plan at this time is to hold the classes in the St. Mary’s Parish Center but our first priority is the health and safety of our children, teens and Catechists. We will be working on the class rooms and our procedures that we will need to put in place to meet the Covid-19 Regulations as it is laid out by the Diocese.
We are in the final revisions for the registration form and will have them out shortly, please fill them out and return them to the parish office at 229 W. Yates St. – East Syracuse, NY 13057. As we have in the past, please fill out one registration for each child.
We are looking for volunteers to help with teaching classes, teachers aids and hall monitors, Ideally, we would like to form a committee of volunteers so that would allow us to use volunteers on a rotating schedule so that you do not have to be there every week. If you would like to volunteer please contact me either via email, text (include your name) or phone call. All volunteers are required to take the Safe Environment class to work with our children/teens. All our staff, volunteers and clergy are required by the Diocese to take the Safe Environment program, which requires that they participate in training, background checks and reference checks. I am proud to say that our three Tri-Parishes of St. Francis, St. Mary’s and St. Matthew’s is hard at work to ensure the safety of our children/teens.
Finally, one major change this year is that we are going to incorporate the use of Flocknote as new communication tool for the Faith Formation program. Flocknote is a program design just for church organizations with quick and easy communication while protecting your identity. It gives a better way to communicate quickly and allows better tools for remote teaching. I will send you instructions on how to join Flocknote for Faith Formation program once I get the details worked out.
Thank you all and God Bless
Faith Formation Director
St. Francis,St. Mary’s and St. Matthew Faith Community
Mailing Address: 229 W. Yates St. – East Syracuse, NY 13057
Phone: Cell 315-254-9804
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For 9th Grade Candidates:
1. Class Attendance: Will be combined with Mass, the combine total will be determined. Mass is being stressed this year. There will be an 11:00 AM Mass on Sunday's Classes will be let out for the teens to be able to make the class. (Mass attended outside of the 11:00 AM or different Parish - parents are asked to email the Faith Formation Director
2. Retreat: The First Sunday in March
3. Service Projects: Candidates must complete 3 to 5 Service Projects. We are looking into several group projects.