Rev. Stephen P. Wirkes
Dc. Dean Brainard
Dc. Joseph Lupia Jr.
Joseph Lupia Jr.
Anne Kolozsvary & JoAnn Binion
Faith Formation Director:
Gary Krajacic - 315-254-9804
Laura Cavanaugh -315-345-8007
Music Director SFA & SMA:
Mike Stocker - 315-633-2165
Music Director SM & SMA:
Mike McClelland - 315-278-7862
Prayer Chain SFA:
Marge Stevens - 315-633-9432
Prayer Chain SMA:
Margie Bowhall - 315-656-2333
Prayer Chain SMT:
Mary Rovall - 315-632-4068
DPC Rep. SFA, SMA, & SMT:
Attention New Parishioners
If you would like to join one of our 3 Linked Parishes
Click on the link below to join
St. Francis or St. Mary's
For St. Matthew's Parish
Click on the Link Below
Completed Forms can be
mailed to the Parish Office
229 W. Yates St. -
E. Syracuse, NY 13057
Drop it in the Collection on Sunday
Parish Office Mailing Address:
For our 3 Linked Parishes
St. Francis of Assisi (SFA)
St. Mary of the Assumption (SMA)
St. Matthew's Church (SMT)
229 W. Yates Street East Syracuse, NY
Main Parish Office Phone Number
Phone Number: 315-437-8318
Fax Number: 315-463-6399
St. Francis of Assisi (SFA),
7820 Route 298, Bridgeport, NY 13030
St. Mary's of the Assumption (SMA),
401 No. Main St. Minoa, NY 13116
Parish Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday
Noon to 2:00 PM
or by Appointment
Due to Covid-19
Please call the office for the
Baptism: arrangements made 1
month prior to and parents are
required to attend Baptism Class
prior to the Baptism.
Marriage: arrangements must be
made at least 6 months in advance
Hospitalized Parishioners: please
notify the rectory when a family
member is admitted to a hospital or nursing home so the priests can
provided for their spiritual needs
Communion to Sick / Shut-ins:
If your out of town and need to find a
Catholic Church click on the link for
Catholic Mass Times
Looking for a Grave Site -
St. Mary's Cemetery Minoa, NY
Can now be done on line, it's secure.
It's easy and it's a click away
Just choose the church you want to donate to
Donate Online for
St. Francis Click Here
Donate Online for
St. Mary's Click Here
Donate Online for
St. Matthew's Click Here
Donations can also be mailed to:
229 W. Yates Street
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Or Drop it in the Mail slot of the Parish Offices -
It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy
Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion, which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion is an ardent desire to receive Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament and lovingly embrace him at a time or in circumstances when one cannot receive Him in sacramental Communion. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, Come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there And unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you.
Sunday Masses Resumes (25% Capacity)
30th Sunday in Ordinary Time Registration Required
Please Register by calling the Tri-Parish Office at
315-437-8318 - Mon-Thurs. 12:00 to 2:00 PM
TO INSURE EVERYONE'S SAFETY
THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES ENFORCED
PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK AT ALL TIMES
BRING HAND SANITIZER
Below is a list of changes we can expect upon return
List of Changes and Instructions:
Before you come…
• REGISTRATION: Register to attend Mass by calling the Parish Offices (315-437-8318) Monday - Thursday between 12-2pm. We must have names and contact information for all attending each Mass in case of outbreak. Online registration will be added at a later date.
• MASKS: All over 2 years old MUST wear a mask covering one’s face at all times. Clergy will not mask during celebration of Mass but must all other times.
• SANITIZER: Please bring sanitizer for your personal use, specifically before receiving Communion.
• REMEMBER: Please follow all signs. We are not to gather or socialize in groups and to use social distancing (6’ apart unless living in same house). The churches will be cleaned after each Mass.
• OUTDOOR MASS: It may be necessary depending a variety of circumstances for Mass to be outside in the parking lot. Please follow directions on where to park. Communion will be by vehicle with masks. More instruction will be available at that time.
When you arrive…
• ENTER THE CHURCH only through the marked door. (SM & SF parking lot side door; SMA accessible door with ramp) and use the sanitizer
• CHOIR: We will have music, but choirs are not allowed.
• HOLY WATER: Holy Water fonts will be empty for our safety
• COLLECTION: Baskets will not be passed. You may drop your offerings in the basket at the door or use online giving (see website faithalive1.com) or mail offerings to the Parish Offices. (229 W. Yates, East Syracuse, NY 13057)
• OFFERTORY: Gift processions are not permitted
• SIGN OF PEACE: Will be omitted to avoid shaking hands
• COMMUNION: Communion lines will follow normal movements but observing social distance. Follow the instructions of the usher. Coming forward use sanitizer and keep mask on. Once you received, step to the side and lower your mask, consume the Host, and replace the mask.
When you leave…• DISMISSAL: We will leave the church as directed by the ushers starting from the closest row to the door keeping social distance. Congregating in the aisles or the parking lot is not allowed.
• BULLETINS: Bulletins will only be handed out by gloved ushers. Copies are available on our website (faithalive1.com) or join Flocknote (text “TRI-PARISH” to 84576)
DISPENSATION FOR THE OBLIGATION OF SUNDAY MASS IS STILL IN EFFECT - STAY SAFE & CHOOSE WISELY
Faith Formation Classes are schedule to start:
Postponed Until Further Notice
Grades 7-10 at St. Mary’s Parish Center
Grades 1-6 at St. Mary's Parish Center
Assignments will be sent out soon
to the parents
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!
Registration Forms Are available to download
on the Faith Formation Page
Please mail or email them to Parish office
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Gary Krajacic
Join the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Electronic Election Novena.
For nine consecutive days,
Monday, October 26th through Tuesday, November 3rd, participants will join in praying
One Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be
For the day’s intention.
Sign up at: https://www.usccb.org/2020-election-novena